Between the Lines

Category: , , By The Last Leg


K,

It has been a while. To what exactly, I am yet to establish. Not that our lives are strewn together so that things refuse to make sense otherwise. Neither are they drawn so independent that we exist only as harmless and insincere fleeting memories in each other’s minds. Whichever way, I know not what to write. Would you?


Is it the discomfort of being in a room, where everything is just the same and yet so different? People, furniture, machines, mugs and papers seem to be filling in the spaces just quite right - as they used to, but you seem alien and unfamiliar to the whole deal. Like that piece in a two-sided jigsaw puzzle that is set facing the opposite side.


Is it the mask, the pretence that confronts us? Are we now reduced to nothing but incomplete scattered portions of our selves, searching frantically for each other through these words?


Is it just the disoriented insomniac in me reaching out, to an alphabet of a person, so they can both put back their pieces of the jigsaw together?


Do you know what I mean? Have I already written more than I wanted to?


Maybe it is just the fact that there is something very liberating about the letters that we share. I don’t mean liberation in terms of freedom or revolution or anything large in consequence but just the sheerness of it. Maybe it is the comfort of knowing that you won’t judge. Maybe it is the rain. Maybe because it has been a while. To what exactly, I am yet to establish.


How are you, K? Is my best friend hiding something from me? I hope not.


Love,


V.


 

4 comments so far.

  1. Megha July 17, 2009 at 9:46 AM
    Georgeous writing :)
  2. The Last Leg July 17, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    Ahhh...

    For once, I thought this post would go unnoticed. It is funny how the ones that you hold dear to yourself, never get their due.

    Thanks, means a lot.
  3. Megha July 24, 2009 at 1:17 PM
    Yes, they never do...
    You write best when you write from the heart.
    I'm guessing this was the first and the last draft?
  4. The Last Leg July 24, 2009 at 2:08 PM
    From my heart, it very much is. This is a letter I had written to someone for real though I cannot tell you who.

    It is pretty much the first and last draft, but I made a few changes considering it was now to be published for public reading.

    P.S: The reply is even better. I hope I can share it on my blog, some other time.

Something to say?