Such as These...

Category: , , , By The Last Leg


A thousand desires such as these,

a thousand moments to set this night on fire -


Reach out and you can touch them.

Touch them with your silences,

you can reach them with your name.


Rivers, mountains, rain,

rain against the torrid hillscape -

Rain against a landscape of pain.


I loved it as a child,

as a lost young man.

Empty landscapes bleached by a sleepy tan,


It comes like a dark nameless woman.

Her eyes mend my noisy slumber,

Her body contains me, like the sun in December.


Pause me, hold me,

Reach me where no man could do.

I walk over these solemn sands, and you?


A thousand desires such as these,

A thousand moments to set this night on fire -


 

5 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous July 21, 2009 at 4:42 PM
    kaash haazar mein se ek poori ho jaati...

    kaash kabhi woh samaj paati..

    kabhi yeh baat pe roothi, toh kabhi woh baat pe...

    hazaaron khwahishen aisi, ke uske har baat pe dum nikle...
  2. The Last Leg July 21, 2009 at 5:29 PM
    @ Anonymous -

    Rajkot has made you a poet, Sirjee!
    I like, I like.

    How about signing in and then commenting, from now on?
  3. Unknown August 8, 2009 at 10:38 AM
    Very good bro. I like the DPS Kamini story:). Just read it.. Really really well written with a few absolutely minor changes here and there its good enough to be printed or rather why dont you share it on facebook???:))
  4. The Last Leg August 8, 2009 at 6:56 PM
    @ Keith -

    Thanks, bhai! After a fucked up day at work, this is exactly what I needed to hear. :-)

    About the publishing bit, I am waiting till I have a good enough collection of stories before I approach anyone. Kamini is just one of them. I intend to post the others too, sometime later. As for Facebook, I am not fucking allowed to even talk about it at work, forget posting stuff. SICK!

    Hope you keep dropping by, once a while if not often!

    Cheers!
  5. AppuApe September 22, 2009 at 6:44 PM
    Hazaaron khwahishien aisi!

    Nice....

Something to say?